Business Development Manager
RiverRock Mortgage Investment Corporation – Toronto ON
Full-time – Southwest Ontario
RiverRock MIC is looking for a self-motivated individual who can establish and grow the presence of RiverRock in Southwest Ontario through mortgage broker relationships. We are looking for an individual who can promote new and existing relationships to generate prospective deals to meet company sales targets and has a solid understanding of our products, underwriting standards and procedures.
Candidate will receive a competitive salary, performance bonus and attractive benefits package.
- Develop a strategy to effectively prospect territory for new business and maximize existing relationships
- Manage and assist mortgage brokers and agents to ensure applications fall within the targeted risk areas
- Provide presentations and webinars to various brokerage houses and teams
- Work effectively with senior management, marketing, underwriting and admin to ensure mortgage brokers and agents receive a high level of service.
- Represent RiverRock MIC in the community by attending trade shows, golf tournaments and seminars.
- Provide market intelligence related to private lending in target markets.
- Assist with the development of product enhancements as required.
Skills and Experience Required
- Self-motivated and sales-driven, creative and entrepreneurial, with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum two to five years as a BDM or Underwriter in the Mortgage Industry.
- Completion of post-secondary education, ideally with a focus on business, commerce or economics, or equivalent work experience; completion of relevant mortgage/underwriting courses/education preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the local broker and real estate markets.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong focus on customer service excellence, attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Proven experience in marketing, sales and business development, with a good grasp of risk and marketing principles.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and a home-based office are essential.
- Must work in Toronto office 1-2 times per week.
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please submit your resume below or send to email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Type: Full-time