- Minimum Investment: $25,000 for accredited investors and $150,000 for non-accredited investors.
- Target Yield: 8.25% per annum paid monthly net of fees.
- NAV Purchase value: $10.00 per share
- Redemption Terms: 6 months written notice prior to retraction date (see Offering Memorandum for details)
- Manager: RiverRock Management Inc.
- Legal Counsel: AUM Law Professional Corporation
- Auditor: Deloitte LLP
- Agent: Donville Kent Asset Management Inc.
Investors seeking alternatives to traditional equity and fixed-income products have increasingly been putting their money in Mortgage Investment Corporations and real estate related investments. RiverRock Mortgage Investment Corporation offers investors a portfolio of low-risk first and second mortgages through a diversified pool of mortgages in Ontario. We lend on residential property located in urban and suburban areas in highly desirable municipalities. Our investments provide:
- Access to residential mortgage markets not typically available to individuals
- Less volatility than equities and more security than bonds
- Higher yields than traditional investment products, such as bonds and GICs
- Stable, reliable monthly income
- Mitigated interest rate risk, through short-term loans and floating rate loans
RiverRock MIC is proud to offer investors a high-yield alternative fixed income investment within the high-performing real estate market. As a lender in Ontario, we cater to clients that are typically self-employed individuals, borrowers with poor or limited credit history or new immigrants to Canada. Our investment objective is to identify relatively low-risk, first and second residential mortgages in Ontario, with a maximum loan-to-value ratio of no more than 80%.
RiverRock generates all of its mortgage applications through licensed mortgage agents and brokers. By combining several high-quality mortgages into a diversified pool, we can mitigate the risks associated with investing in a single mortgage. The diversification of our portfolio provides stability through an extremely low-default rate, offering investors a secure investment with an attractive rate of return. The initial target yield to our investors is 8.00% (F Class) as of February 1, 2023 net of all fees and expenses.
As of February 1, 2023 we increased our target yield by 0.75%.
RiverRock has modelled our portfolio and we are pleased to inform you that we have increased the target yield effective February 1, 2023 on the following share classes. This represents an additional 0.75% increase to the yield from February 1, 2023:
- Class “F” – 7.25% increasing to 8.00% (including DRIP 8.30%)
- Class “N” – 6.25% increasing to 7.00% (including DRIP 7.23%)
Our investors can gain the benefit of compounding their return by choosing to take advantage of our automatic dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP). Alternatively, investors can receive their monthly dividends by direct deposit to a specified account.
The Benefits of Investing in RiverRock MIC
- Real Estate Security: RiverRock holds 1st or 2nd mortgages on the subject property. All mortgages have title insurance held by First Canadian Title.
- RRSP / RRIF / TFSA Eligible: Hold your RiverRock MIC in a self-directed RRSP, TFSA or RRIF.
- Stable Returns: Target Yield of 8.00% (F Class). We are on track to pay 7.94% as of 2023. As of February 1, 2023 the target yield was increased to 8.00% from 7.25%. Those participating in the DRIP will earn 8.30%.
- Professional Management: The Principals of RiverRock MIC have decades of mortgage and investment experience.
- Diversification: Investors own shares in a diversified portfolio of mortgage loans.
- Regular Income: Investors receive their dividends on a monthly basis.
HOW TO INVEST
Download Offering Memorandum: ENG
Step Two – Enter the Order
Place the order electronically through FundSERV:
Class FDON 913
Class NDON 914
Dealers/Advisors are required for all initial purchases to deliver a copy of the completed Subscription Agreement on the date the order is placed to RiverRock MIC via:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For sales inquires, please contact Ninepoint Partners at:
Toll Free: 1.866.299.9906